Getting backlinks is important for consistently driving traffic to your blog or site.
To get links, you can:
- Arrange for them, such as making trades
- Manually create them
- Pay for them
- Earn them
The first two methods still work, although not as well as they used to.
Ideally, if you’ve got great content that people love to share, then you only need the fourth method.
I’ve compiled a list of strategies that are working in 2019:
- Check your competitor backlinks and steal their sources.
- Use online tools like Ahrefs, Semrush, Moz, Raven and more.
- Become a source for reporters and bloggers (HARO)
- Build links from outdated resources
- Publish ultimate guides
- Have an authority resource pages
- Turn brand mentions into quality backlinks
- Internal link building
- Guest posting on other sites
- Guest posting on your own site
- infographic submission
- Forum submission
- Social media sharing
- Social bookmarking
- Write testimonials
- Donate publicly